Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dog rescued after driving car into a pond

A man from Warren, Vermont, left his dog in the car for just minutes, when he says the dog drove the car into a pond. “Normally I always pull up the emergency brake, it's a stick shift. So I had it in gear but I guess I didn't have it in gear or she knocked it out. And when she knocked it out of gear, she drove it into the lake,” said Nick Hayer of his 2-year-old dog Lucy.
He says the English bulldog, who works as a therapy dog, had tagged along on a trip to Killington for the day while Hayer was attending a conference. “At lunchtime they said do you want to come in for lunch really quick and I said, 'Okay I'll come in for 10 minutes. That's it.' So I rolled the windows down halfway, opened the sunroof. Put her in the car I went inside,” Hayer said.
He said it was just going to be a quick trip, but it didn't take long. “About a minute later some guy came up to me and said your car is in the pond but we rescued your dog,” Hayer said. When he made it outside, Hayer found his Volkswagen Jetta submerged in the water, totaled.

Lucy was running around safe. Hayer says the man who rescued Lucy was an employee at the hotel. He says he is grateful to have his beloved pet safe. “He got her out and she's fine. But she would have died. She could have died I think because these dogs can't swim,” Hayer said. Following her adventure, Hayer says Lucy took a long nap.

No comments: