Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Homeowner claims contractor stole his roof

A Florida homeowner claims a contractor stole the roof off his home as payback for a fight about money. While police are investigating the claims, the contractor says he’s completely in the clear. “It’s my castle, and he’s taken something that’s mine,” said Mike Fink of Fort Myers. “I had a roof. It’s gone,” said Fink.
Fink is in the process of restoring his home. He says he signed a contract with Nastar Roofing of Cape Coral to replace the old shingle roof with a new metal one. “My general contractor selected them. He’s had other jobs with them in the past,” said Fink. But after paying Nastar Roofing in full, Fink says the company’s owner William Skaggs demanded more money after crews had to remove the new roof so the general contractor could make other repairs.
Fink refused, and the next day his roof was gone. “I was furious that somebody came on my property, and took something that I paid for,” said Fink. Fink claims a witness saw the roofer’s truck sitting in the driveway the morning the roof was stolen. But the roofer denies those claims. “I was blown away. I had no idea what they were talking about,” said William Skaggs, Jr.

Skaggs acknowledged he though his company was owed more money, but says the general contractor agreed to pay him later. “None of my men, none of my staff would take panels off a roof. It makes absolutely no sense,” said Skaggs. But attorneys say even if Skaggs was owed more money, the cost should’ve been included in the initial price. “From a homeowner’s perspective, when you get a contract from a company claiming they’re going to do X, Y and Z, you expect them to do X, Y and Z,” said attorney Lance Dunford.

No comments: