Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dog reunited with owners seven years after being stolen

A dog has been reunited with her owners, seven years after being stolen. Molly the Jack Russell was taken from her home in Houghton-le-Spring, County Durham, when she was three-years-old, along with her eight puppies.
She was found by police wandering alone nearly 100 miles away in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, last week, and has now been reunited with owners Brian and Pauline Berry and her sister Megan. Mr Berry said it was "absolutely brilliant" seeing her again. Mr and Mrs Berry believe Molly was taken for her puppies, who were four-days-old.
Mr Berry said: It took a short while [for her to recognize us] we gave her a cuddle and after about 20 minutes she started licking my face and the side of my cheek. I never ever thought we'd get her back. The puppies will be distributed all over the place, but I'm just so pleased to have her back. It gives you a lump in your throat, it's unbelievable.
"I wish she could talk, but obviously she cannot, but maybe it's something you don't want to hear." The couple believe she has been badly treated over the seven years as she is very thin and needs dental work. Molly was found after police scanned her micro-chip. Mr Berry said: "I hope it works [the micro-chip] for somebody else that is in the same position - it's proof of the pudding really isn't it? I mean it's worked for me and I just hope it works for somebody else."

No comments: