Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, September 10, 2007

The Family Jewels


While I have never been the biggest KISS fan I have developed a taste for Gene Simmons' off beat humor in his two 'reality' shows.

The first where he took students at a classical music school in England and formed a rock band out of his class and the surprises he had for them were hilarious.

But his show featuring his family is even more hilarious and paints a portrait of a man that is not what his "Rock God" persona is supposed to be and shows him and the family in what amounts to a stand-up improv comedy troupe ... something a lot of families are - albeit this particular family is a tad bit different.

If you have never seen the show you need to. Check the A&E Channel guide for the Sunday night showing, I think it is @ 9PM - I usually catch the repeat at 11PM or so ... I don't watch TV much but happened to catch a show a while back and along with Holmes On Homes on the Discovery/Home Channel it is the only show I try to actually watch each time it is on ... my other TV viewing consists of the different science, history, home and gardening channels when I stop long enough to even turn on the TV.

For all the KISS fans out there reading this remember I did not say I didn't like their music, just I never was much of a fan so don't pull out the poisoned pens and start sending venom filled missives to the comment inbox.

Gene, Shannon, Nick and Sophie and their adventures ... let's hope they can keep it up for a few more seasons at least!

No comments: