Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dubious Qualifications

She actually makes a better qualified candidate than does Palin. NakedJen makes more sense as a veep candidate ... she has the experiences needed. Here's how she puts it:

Pink

I am very obviously not running for Vice President of the United States of America.

We all know, quite well, that even though there are certain members of my family that would stand up and applaud and cheer more loudly than they perhaps ever had for anything I’ve done previously in my life, there is no possible way I would ever run on the Republican ticket.

All that aside, the more I keep learning about Sarah Palin, the more I can’t help but think I would actually make a better candidate than she. I know it sounds completely implausible since I’m the naked woman on the Internet (well, yes, it is completely implausible), but I am going to share just a few of the reasons why I feel this is so.

I have experience working in Washington, D.C. for a lobbyist on Capitol Hill. A lobbyist that was often invited to lunch at the Reagan White House. Where I lunched as well. A lobbyist who represented Miller Brewing Company. Which means that I know all about the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms. And how insider Washington really works. How to get things done on Capitol Hill. What you do to assure that your initiatives are included in bills and actually do get passed into law.

I also have experience working for the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. I know how both of those organizations actually work and why they are important. I know how they decide to fund projects or not. I have helped to organize and have attended their global conferences. In other words, I know how to work in a truly global organization.

I have managed and have been entrusted with budgets as large as $50 million for just one simple global campaign. I have never had a project go over budget or over time. I have also been quite successful at creating global mindshare for my projects when none previously existed. I’m quite good at bringing divergent views to the table and getting everyone not only on the same page but to actually agree.

I was accepted into the Peace Corps.

I have traveled to all continents except Antarctica. I spent 20 years traveling with the Grateful Dead and while I know that creates a lot more suspicion about my background, it does mean I've been to every state in America at least once, if not more, with the exception of Alaska. Funny that Alaska is the only state I've never visited.

I am a holistic healer and master herbalist who truly understands that food is a political issue, that energy is also a political issue and that real changes must be made now if our planet and the people on it are going to survive.

I’m not a soccer mom, I do not eat moose or caribou, I can’t shoot a gun.

Sarah Palin and I are the same age. We’ve had such divergent paths in our lives that it is very hard for me to even begin to imagine my life in her shoes. I do try. Because my heart is one that tries, very hard, to embrace all people. To find the common thread that binds us all. I’m still searching for my common thread with Sarah. Other than being a woman, I’m having a hard time finding one. But I am going to continue to search. I am just really, really scared, at the moment, of the possibility that she might one day be the POTUS.

I feel like the citizen’s of the United States are being cast as extras in a very bad Disney movie. We can stop it, of course. By choosing real hope and real change and voting the Obama/Biden ticket in November. At this point it feels like the only responsible and sane thing to do. If we don’t, we’ll have no one to blame but ourselves and we’ll have a woman with rather dubious qualifications a heartbeat away from the presidency.

*****

Photo from NakedJen.

No comments: