Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Achieving Manhood

Writer Ernest Hemingway believed that to prove their manhood, males had to do four things in their lifetime: have a son, write a book, fight a bull and plant a tree.

Well, using those criteria I achieved manhood went I was fifteen.
(I know that is a little late, but hey I wanted to be a kid before I was a father.)
Had my first son at fifteen.
Wrote my first book at twelve.
Fought my first bull at eleven.
(There was an ornery old black bull that used to chase us down by the fishing hole and between running up trees to get out of his way and jumping fences to avoid him we - my friends and I - used to bash him over the head with sticks when he got too close.)
Planted my first tree at two.

Can I be a kid now?

No comments: