Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, August 13, 2010

To Build More Muscle, Pump Lighter Iron

Lots of people use free weights and weight machines as part of staying fit and trying to build muscle, but a new study finds that contrary to popular belief, it's not really the heaviness of the weights that build the most muscle.
Rather, you can build more muscle mass by using something much lighter but just keep lifting until you reach fatigue and can't lift it anymore.

I've been doing this from the beginning.
So, now I am bigger and stronger than the 'heavy-weight' crowd and on average 35 years older than they are to boot.
Being 6'3" tall with a 58" chest and 22" biceps at my age (My great-granddaughter loves to play 'swing' on poppy's arm) I love to show the 'serious lifters' a thing or two when they start laughing about my twenty pound curls (not to mention the gray beard).
After about an hour of just curling twenty pounds and talking to the person (s) next to me I go to the bench and press over 400 pounds and return to my twenty pound curls as they are silent and remain so as they struggle to maybe press a couple hundred pounds.
The moral here is don't laugh at we old graybeards, we will prove you wrong every time.

No comments: