Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, October 7, 2011

Norway's Famous Albino Moose Shot Dead

Remember the albino moose that wandered the forest of Østfold, Norway? You know, the one whom the Norwegian hunters debate whether to shoot?
Well, that debate is moot thanks to a Danish hunter, who had few regrets about shooting him:
Frost, who had arrived for hunting in Norway on Monday, told Danish website bt.dk that he’d heard about a protected moose a few years ago but nothing recently. “So when I get it in my corner, I have just a few seconds to think about what I should do,” he told bt.dk. “But I decided to shoot the moose and it’s a decision I stand by.”
He quickly realized he hadn’t shot “just any moose, and when we gathered around it, someone said there would probably be press coverage.” He repeated that he “stands by” his decision to kill the moose, “although I would gladly be without all the noise that’s come afterwards.” He said he was “a bit amazed” that the shooting sparked so much reaction.

No comments: