Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Add It Up

Here's a hilarious comment over on Greg Sargent's Plumline @ Washington Post:

Dear governor Romney,

It’s come to my attention that you have misrepresented me several times during the presidential campaign. I am writing to ask you to cease all such activity immediately.

You have claimed that I could add between $7 trillion and $8 trillion to the U.S. budget without increasing the deficit or raising taxes on someone other than the wealthy. I’m good, but not that good. I’ve searched my multi-millennial archives from Algebra to Quantum Theory to Zoological Science and conclude I have never done anything remotely close to what you’re describing. Ever. I can’t. It violates my basic principles as well as my professional reputation.

I also understand you claim I told you 12 million jobs over 4 years is the same as 7 million jobs over 10 years. with all due respect, how many times did you flunk third grade?

Given the adverse publicity it’d cause at this sensitive time, I’d like to keep the lawyers out of it. Just stop saying things about me that aren’t true, OK? If you’re not sure, run it by my staff beforehand.

I’ve worked hard for thousands of years to develop the trust humanity places in me and I’ll not have it fuzzified or tarnished by anyone who’ll die long before I will.

Sincerely,

Mathematics

No comments: